Monday, September 29, 2008

Commiseration



I try not to be a sentimental person but sometimes sentimentalism has a way of just taking over. I've even been called 'a sappy b@#$%' on one occasion. I couldn't help but laugh true as it is. The idea for this painting came about during a somewhat maudlin moment. Sometimes a friend can help you get through a moment without knowing how much they've done. The inspiration came from Kissy who has a few links of her own to contend with.

A week or so after I started this painting I lost my birds. I plan on doing a painting of them eventually but I decided to somewhat paint them into this as well. It felt right and it also completed the painting.

I also had friends comment about me going back to my old style and while it does look like the old stuff it feels different for me. Maybe because I feel like I'm not just 'creating' anymore. It's starting to feel as if I'm putting pieces of myself down on canvas.

I don't think that's such a bad thing at all.

No comments: