Sunday, June 29, 2008

Gods

Even though I am an atheist I find myself fascinated with gods and their stories ever since I was a child. Growing up surrounded by Muslim, Hindu and Christian religions it was hard to escape learning about these awe-some beings.

Anyway, I came up with the idea to do a group of paintings based on Gods from different cultures a while ago. Unfortunately I haven't done much work for the series. I did complete one, a painting of Kali(the Hindu Goddess associated with death and destruction).

I am currently working on Anubis, the Egyptian God of the Dead. When I did a little research I found that Anubis is the Greek version of his name. He's also known as Inpu, Anupu, Wip among others in the ancient Egyptian language.

But more on the deities later. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay gods!
are we focusing on gods of death/destruction/rulers of the underworld?
you should do the antichrist.